Inshallah Eid-ul-Adha will be on Friday, September 1, 2017. Takbeerat will begin at 7:45 AM and Eid Prayer will be held at 8:30 AM sharp.
Eid prayer will be held at IOST Masjid (directions can be found here). Please note that there is only one Eid prayer.
- Please park in IOST’s parking lot first. Try to complete the parking lot, before parking elsewhere.
- IOST has gotten permission from the Johnson City Police Office to park on both sides of Willow Street. Please park here if the parking lot is full, and do not park in any other lots around the area.
- Since Eid is on a Friday, the Family Enrichment Network (FEN) has NOT allowed IOST the use of their parking lots at all, except the one marked to the right. Please do NOT park in the FEN parking lots..
- Do NOT park in the Helping Children’s Association (HCA). They have not given IOST permission to park and your car will be towed if parked here (It is located on the corner of Willow Street and Endicott Ave).
- Follow the directions of the on site police officers! Officers will be on site and will ticket any car not parked legally or against the parking map.
Help IOST Celebrate Eid!
Alhamdulillah, with the grace and mercy of Allah SWT, Eid @ IOST is enjoyable, fun, and a great way to build the community! However, there are many expenses and costs towards Eid. Help IOST celebrate Eid and provide more services. Donate towards our Eid fund today.
Local Farm Has Udhhiyya & Qurbani
It’s not too late to reserve an animal for your Udhhiyya/Qurbani for this Eid. Alhamdulillah, IOST has negotiated a special rate with Najaf Halal Meat Company for all of its community members. Please contact Brother Hussain Salman to reserve your animal. You may slaughter yourself if you wish, or can just pick up at a reserved time. All animals are free roaming and natural grass fed.
Eid Highlights @ IOST:
- Eid breakfast @ IOST! Join us after the Eid prayers for breakfast and refreshments. Bring a dish to share with others.
- Eid banquet @ IOST! Join us on Eid night at 6:30 PM (Friday, September 1 2017), as IOST has its annual Eid banquet. Admission is free and food will be catered by Taj Tandoor Restaurant. Stop by and bring your family and friends along!
- Fun & Games for Children! Every Eid IOST gives out balloons and other party favors to children in the community so they can play and enjoy their Eid. Bring your children to the Eid prayer if they would like to receive a gift.
- Bounce House for Children will also be available.