Thank you for showing interest in IOST’s Summer Book Club. Join us this summer on Saturdays from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM as we read and discuss different books.
The book club is free and open to all Muslims. If you would like to join, please register by clicking the button above and stop by any of the sessions.
When: Saturdays 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Where: IOST Masjid Women’s Social Hall
Who: Boys & Girls Ages 7-12
What: Reading Books!
Sister Noor Nazar is currently a sophomore at Binghamton University. As an avid reader of books, she loves to read and teach children. She is currently pursuing a degree in accounting while teaching students Qur’an and Islamic Studies at IOST Masjid’s evening program, Iqra Academy. She is also a Hafiza of the Qur’an.
Sister Saima Khan is currently a junior at Binghamton University where she is studying biology. She plans to go to med school in the future. As a book worm when she was young, she can’t wait to mentor and guide children as they go on their journey in reading books!
Sister Mahum Nazar is the youngest of the Book Club instructors. Just finished with Johnson City High School, Mahum will be attending Binghamton University in the fall. She is the younger sister of Noor Nazar, and also is a hafiz of the Qur’an. We are very excited to have Sister Mahum join our Book Club team!
What’s so special about IOST’s Book Club?
- The Book Club is complete FREE! All Muslims are welcome to join. Registration is mandatory.
- A long list of high quality Islamic material will be read together in class and outside of class.
- Every type of genre will be read and discussed! Action, thriller, mystery, horror, poetry, classic, sci-fi, adventure, fantasy, current events, comedy, suspense, tragedy, and more! Both fiction and non-fiction will be discussed!
- Invincible Abdullah, Muslim Girl, Furqan, and other best sellers will be read and discussed in the sessions.
- Carefully chosen and hard working staff!